Monday, August 11, 2008

Battle Complete

I wanted to thank everyone who contributed to the Blazeman Foundation in honor of my Ironman experience. It took a bit longer than expected, but I am pleased to announce that I have met my fundraising goal. Thank you all.

Even though Ironman Coeur d'Alene has come and gone, I had told Jon Blais' father that I would not stop my fundraising efforts until I met my goal. I am pleased to be able to share with Mr. and Mrs. Blais that the goal has been met.

While this fundraising effort is complete, ALS research will be a cause I continue to support in my life. Jon Blais was such a motivation for me in my first Ironman experience -- one I am not soon to forget. I am planning on participating in a ALS century ride this fall and will do so in honor of Jon.

It was my friends and family that made my Ironman experience as wonderful as it was. Thank you all. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments: