Saturday, July 12, 2008

San Francisco Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market

One of the things I missed most training for Ironman was the local Farmers Market at the Ferry Building. We could never go, as every Saturday morning we had to set out for a long ride.

Chris and I have been making up for lost time and went both last and this weekend. This weekend we were in for a treat.

One of our favorite shows this past year was "The Next Iron Chef" on the Food Network. We watched it religiously.

As we were seeking out fresh fruit I spotted Chef Chris Cosentino, a local San Francisco chef and one of the contestants on "The Next Iron Chef".

I, in typical fashion, freaked out and pointed him out to Chris. Chris, in typical fashion (he talks to everyone!), struck up a conversation.

Chef Cosentino was very kind and said he was very pleased that Michael Symon had won. The are apparently close friends. That was nice to hear.

We are armed with fabulously fresh ingredients and are ready to cook! Two of our planned culinary adventures - homemade lavender ice cream and shitaki mushroom and corn fritters. Yummy.

4 comments:

Michele R. Unger said...

What time is dinner?

My house is a zoo! A veritible zoo! Toys everywhere. Children everywhere! Stuff everywhere! It's going to be lots of fun but lots of picking up. Annie's house is much bigger and the stuff spreads out more.....here it just gets under foot and I trip! Wish you were here too. With your food!

Love,
Mom

MomPhD said...

I don't know what she's talking about. Toys? Us? 2 small children staying at Grandma's for two weeks? Yeah, we were the people at the airport with 5 bags, four carry-ons, 2 car seats, and a stroller. And a partridge in a pear tree.

What time should we show up at your place?

Rick Gaston said...

Chris can pull it off cause he has a disarming smile and easy going attitude. You would know, hahaha. Feed that boy, he's so darn skinny these days!

Grove Street Journal said...

I am sorry I am missing the Edmonds Madness. I can't wait to seem some photos of the entire gang!

Rick, ha ha ha... yes, I would know. Darn it! ; ) I was hopeful homemade ice cream might plump him up a bit, but it's not working!