Sunday, February 17, 2008

China Camp Trail Run

I have been discovering lately that I do not properly fuel for my longer workouts. I need to work on this. Today was a prime example.

I set out for my first long run since the disastrous marathon and was fine until about 55 minutes into my run when I ran out of steam. Not a pain issue, thank goodness, just out of fuel. I used to be able to go go go without eating anything before a long run... not anymore.

The frustrating part was that I until that point it was a great run.

Days like today are the workouts I learn from -- I need to better fuel these longer workouts, particularly as my volumes increase.

I did have one little fun moment during my run. I ran past Dian's wild turkeys. I said hi.

3 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Can you please email this post to your coach:)

Not eating/fueling before a long run, why that's just crazy. Crazier than training for an IM. Nothing ruins a good time like running out of gas.

Grove Street Journal said...

Rick, I feel like you have scolded me already! ; ) Yes, I have realized this is not in my best interests and will not continue this behavior.

willgotthardt said...

Yeah a girl's gotta eat...even if it's just solidified gel cubes, one ~every 12 minutes. ;-)

Will G.