Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wet and Windy Weekend

A wet and windy weekend is not so great for training purposes.

The expected "epic" storm that was to hit Northern California on Saturday kept me off my bike and drove me to stick to indoor training at the gym instead. Ever since I joined the JCC in the City, I have neglected my Bay Club Marin membership.

However, Saturday I had errands to run in Marin, so I opted to go to the Bay Club instead of the JCC, since I would be in Marin anyway.

The Bay Club cracks me up as the crowd is incredibly entertaining to watch. It's a meat market for the 40+ crowd and a social gathering for the Marin social types. I always learn of the new gossip while at the gym, even though I have no idea who these subjects are.

I felt badly when I left as while the wind had picked up, it wasn't really raining. I probably should have gone for my ride.

Didn't get my long Sunday run in either -- bad! (However, I did make up for it this morning, so no need to comment on my being a slacker.) While this weekend was someone of a bust on the training front, I did manage to do a serious spring cleaning in my home, months earlier than expected! Anything sounded better than writing a memo I didn't want to write, including cleaning my closet. Homemade pizza? Much more exciting that writing a memo!

It was a restful weekend -- and now it's back to the training grind -- oh, and that memo too.

5 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

mmmmm....that homemade pizza looks good.

After the TAG training ride I nixed the idea of going out for a longer ride because of the storm that was supposed to come. I felt as you when it didn't materialize.

I did however get some shopping done at SB and they were both essential stuff, new swim googles (lost my last ones at Big Kahuna) and a brand new helmet (my old one was 5 years old and cracked!)

Unknown said...

Slacker! ;-)

The roads were mostly dry for my race on saturday, but that wind was something else the last couple laps.

Rick: Don't even think about snatching my pastries!

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha... I just KNEW someone was going to call me a slacker. Ant, I should have expected it to be you. ; )

Gentlemen, no need to worry about pastries -- you are in luck! Since I am fond of you both I will make sure there are plenty to go around. Ha ha.

Rick Gaston said...

Stolen pastries are the best:)

Michele R. Unger said...

I want a slice of the pizza! It looks yummy.