Sunday, February 10, 2008

Over Paradise

I had not one, but two long rides this weekend. By Sunday, my second day out on Paradise, I had decided I had had enough of Paradise. I do not plan on riding it anytime in the near future. It's a beautiful ride, however, once you do it over and over and over again you long for some new scenery.

Paul, Di and I rode Paradise on Saturday, and it was quite entertaining because I have never seen three people so badly NOT want to ride. All three of us spent the ride watching every minute pass on our bike computers waiting for the clocks to hit our goal. It was actually quite funny. I think we were just looking forward to lunch.

Sunday was the first GGTC Wildflower HIT workout. While I participated in two HIT training groups last year, I have opted not to partake this year. As much as I would like to see Coach Neil and my GGTC friends on a regular basis, I found last year it was too difficult to balance Torsten's training with the HIT workouts. But, as Coach Neil is a kind man and lets random former athletes drop by his workouts, I went by today to say hello. It was fun to see so many former training mates! Jake beat up on me a bit and Ashli and I cruised around Paradise. It was fun.

Tomorrow the fun begins. I realized how little time is left to prepare for Oceanside, Wildflower and Ironman and have committed to giving every workout 100%. Now I just have to convince my training mate of the same. This could prove to be challenging.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Come ride in the east bay. lots of different routes and different places to go.

Grove Street Journal said...

Ant,

I intend to get over that way! I miss the rides in my old stomping grounds...

Rick Gaston said...

I was in Paradise Loop this weekend, in a car! Was showing the guests around. When I was training for my one and only Ironman I rode up and down that darn loop. It's a killer on the mental muscle. After the IM was done it was awhile before I went back and these days not to the point that I used to do it. I wish the road was smoother, it really is a nice piece of training ground. Really teaches you how to regulate your cadence over all the little rollers and I love handling all the little twists. These days I prefer the section between Stinson Beach and Point Reyes.