Friday, April 25, 2008

I'm 28, I swear

One of my boyfriend's friends said earlier in the year that she thought I was 27. Accordingly, I am declaring today my 28th birthday rather than the number it actually is. Ah, I knew this day would come.

I have felt spoiled all week. Thank you all.

The week started with a fabulous dinner with my San Francisco 'family' at Spruce -- a restaurant I have been dying to try. The week continued with wonderful treats, a perfect evening at Girabaldi's, some torture at the JCC on a workout ball (my abs and quads STILL hurt) and an outpouring of affection and love from family and friends.

It has been a wonderful week. Too bad it has to come to an end. However, I don't think I can make it last any longer...

5 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Happy birthday! Glad you are able to celebrate a little despite the ramp up to IMCDA.

Michele R. Unger said...

Happy birthday.....Gee, you are a year younger than your baby brother? How does that work? How old am I then? I might like this....I'll think about it and get back to you!

Birthday hugs and love,
Mom

Unknown said...

I thought we started counting backwards?
Happy Birthday!

MomPhD said...

Hmm, I guess that means I just went from being your younger sister to your older sister!

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha.... thank you all!

Mother, as I am your only childless child, I think it fair that I am the "youngest," rather than the oldest. So, I declare myself a year younger than my brother. : ) And, since Don will have three children and Annie two, I only think it fair that Annie remains in the middle and Don becomes the oldest. Then he can't pull his baby of the family act any longer. Ha ha ha... just kidding.