Sunday, September 9, 2007

Windy City


Certain points of our long ride on Saturday were so windy that I literally thought I was going to fly off my bike riding through Sausalito and then again as we crossed the Golden Gate Bridge. It was gusting. However, the wind provided ample opportunity to watch those who were out sailing as we rode through Sausalito.

Paul and Dian, bless their hearts, waited to ride until a bit later than usual so I could join them, as I had an event in the morning. We had a very social ride, which made it a lot of fun, with the exception of a little one who decided to wound my recently healed legs when she and her bicycle toppled over onto me as I rode by. We called an ambulance... Ha! Just kidding. I still can't figure how she managed to fall over, as her bike had training wheels on it.

My reaction to the crash, as well as Paul's, was immediately to assess the damage to my tri bike, rather than me. A sure sign we have spent far too much on our bikes.

Post ride, we headed out for Sushi and a movie, where we met up with Chris, who had cycled earlier in the day in the South Bay with his friend Wes.

Sunday began with a 90-minute trail run at China Camp, followed by my first swim with our training group at Terra Linda High School in Marin. (I am the only slacker who had not yet made it to a Sunday swim workout, as I had been scared to go after hearing horror stories of a mad coach reacting to tardiness with insane sprint sets.)

The run was amazing... again, trail running. I LOVE IT. (Rick, are you taking note? It's starting!) I spent a lot of my run thinking about our GGTC teammates and friends racing Big Kahuna and became very excited for Sentinel and Tinley. I can't wait!

The run/swim brick was followed with lunch at Fish, as we were famished. Yummy food, fabulous company and a good weekend of training -- I can't ask for much more.

6 comments:

MomPhD said...

Hey there sis... lookin' good! At first glance I thought you two were standing IN the bay. I think maybe some sleep is in order for me!

Grove Street Journal said...

Shall we blame it on the pregnancy? ; )

Looking forward to seeing you, Chris and Alex here in a few weeks. It has been far too long.

Rick Gaston said...

So I know that's Dian on the right, who's the one on the left?!

Grove Street Journal said...

Are you kidding? : )

Who else is that short?

Rick Gaston said...

No Dian is just really tall:)

Looking tanned and trim heading into the holidays lady. No more mountain bike trail rash either.

Grove Street Journal said...

Rick, bless your heart.

Finally, my trim comment! Thank you for the motivation. : )