Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mission Cliffs

Today sleep took precedent over a potential ride in the rain. While it didn't end up raining, it was lovely to actually sleep in for the first time in weeks. I needed it, badly. I didn't feel too badly about missing my ride, as I have been riding more than called for in my training plan.

Paul and Di suggested climbing this weekend. I have wanted to go for months, but haven't able to due to my broken elbow. However, with my elbow on the mend, my doctor has cleared me for all activities, so I was finally able to go!

I had never been climbing before, and I loved it! Dian taught me the basics and how to belay. I can't wait to go again.

Following our climb, we went out for sushi at a place Chris has been recommending for months. I knew it was going to be good when we arrived and there was a line waiting for the restaurant to open. Following our yummy sushi dinner we topped off our culinary adventure with some fabulous ice cream at a local artisanal ice-cream shop. The ice cream was so good.

My friends always seem to be in the know on where to go. Thank goodness, or I would never get out!

Now I have to run off the ice cream...

2 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

I went climbing once, after a night of partying. Wasn't good, I mean it was fun but I only lasted through two climbs then I was done. Im sure if I tried it now I'd have more fun:) I no longer ride in the rain, I used to. I just don't trust drivers plus your bike picks up a lot of sand and gravel along the way.

Grove Street Journal said...

I never before have had issues with heights, but I must admit at the top I was definitely not comfortable. I need to work on that. :)

I hope you had a good weekend of training! I know you had fun socially!