Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shake It

I used to laugh daily when I would spot the crazy runner cruising down Elk Grove Boulevard on my way home from work.

This guy was fast, fit and appeared to be a little off kilter. He would run down the side of the road dancing and singing the entire way. He would have his arms in the air and would spin about -- he would literally dance as he ran down the street. Every day I thought to myself -- what a crazy man!

I hadn't thought of this man for four years, until this weekend, when I found myself running and dancing across the Bay Bridge to a ridiculous song. I decided while running/dancing across the Bridge that my Ironman Coeur D'Alene theme song has to be "Shake It" by Metro Station. It's such a pop song, but it makes me want to run, fast.

The last week of training has been insane. It was our last real big push before Ironman. Last week consisted of work and training. That was pretty much it.

We had really long runs -- we ran home from work last Thursday -- Mill Valley to the City. We had really long swims. We had really long bike rides. I still can't believe it's almost time to start tapering! Four weeks from today I will be in Coeur D'Alene, competing in my first Ironman. Where on earth does the time go?

A HUGE congratulations to my friends Rangsiwan and Elisa who raced Ironman Brazil this weekend. I found Elisa's post-race text message incredibly funny. The same woman who declared as she crossed the finish line at Vineman last year that she didn't ever need to do an Ironman not only excelled at her first IM, but said it was "SO FUN." Love it. Congrats.

1 comment:

Rick Gaston said...

Oooo taper time. I would think you would be so happy to see taper time. I'm always anticipating it after those hard weeks.