Friday, May 9, 2008

Wildflower Weekend Escapades

Wildflower is famous for the experience - a tough course and camping among thousands of athletes and supporters.

While I enjoy camping, camping before a race isn't my preference. Therefore, for the past four years, I have stayed at a wonderful bed and breakfast in Paso Robles while in the area for Wildflower. (I will be back again next year -- just made my reservations!)

This year Chris and the Quinn's joined in the fun. Additionally, Jake stayed locally, so we had our own little private party in Paso Robles.

The bed and breakfast where we stayed is so peaceful -- it looks like an Italian villa perched on top of a hillside. It is serene and beautiful.

The Innkeepers are the kindest people. Not only did they take group photos of us before we departed, they also provided us with breakfast race morning at the way too early hour of 5 am.

I look forward to next year's visit already.

I learned this week that Chris and I were not the only ones who enjoyed a nice drive up the coast on the way home -- congratulations Rangsiwan!

Funny story about our Hearst Castle visit -- our tour guide DRILLED into our heads the name of the architect who had worked with Hearst in designing his San Simeon home -- Julia Morgan.

I made a note to remember Ms. Morgan's name, as surely it would be a Jeopardy question some day. Low and behold it was -- two days after our return from the trip! I found this so funny that I had to send our tour guide a note!

While my race wasn't the greatest, I had a very fun weekend. Thank you to everyone for their kind comments and support.

2 comments:

MomPhD said...

That Jeopardy question thing was hilarious. It always seems to work that way, doesn't it?

Glad you had a good time!!

Michele R. Unger said...

Did you know that Grandma Pete always watched Jeopardy? If I went to visit, we had to sit and watch it together. And participatiuon was also required.