Thursday, November 8, 2007

CT Scan

My conversation with the Radiologist who conducted my CT Scan was a classic:

"What did you do to your elbow?"
"I broke it."
"How?"
"I fell mountain biking"
"What happened?"
"Well, I went around a rock, and then found myself on the ground, twice."
"Twice?"
"After I fell the first time I got up, set off, and immediately crashed again."
"You must have been pretty tired."
"It was a rough weekend."
"Why?"
"Well, I was pretty sure I had completely ruined a relationship with someone close to me and was not exactly focused on the trail. I think that's why I crashed."
"Oh! Was it worth it?"
"What do you mean?"
"Is the relationship ruined?"
(Smiling) "No."
(Smiling back) "Sweet."

I have an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon next Tuesday. I am not sure I want to know what he has to say...

9 comments:

MomPhD said...

Gee, exactly which relationship would this be, sister dear?

Grove Street Journal said...

ANNIE!!!

Michele R. Unger said...

Yes, daughter dear, exactly which relationship would this be? Inquiring minds want to know!

Grove Street Journal said...

OMG, you two! That's for me to know. ; ) It could be anyone...

Michele R. Unger said...

Yes, but WHICH anyone? That's what I'm asking, silly....

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha ... you make it sound like there is more than one!

Unknown said...

i know you've got a man harem! ;-)

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha... Hardly. : )

Grove Street Journal said...

UPDATE ON THE ELBOW: No surgery at this time. Thank goodness.

The CT Scan revealed the break was not as bad as it appeared on the original x-rays.

My doctor has ordered a month of physical therapy to see if we can regain mobility without surgery.

If yes, great, if not, well, surgery might be necessary.