Sunday, November 25, 2007

Trail Run at Annadel

I was supposed to participate in an "epic" mountain bike ride today, however, when I went to pick up my mountain bike yesterday, it wasn't yet repaired from my last crash. My bike has been in the shop for over two months! I took this as a sign that I was not supposed to ride, and instead opted to go for a trail run up at Annadel while the boys when mountain biking. (The fact that Dian wasn't going also helped with my decision to opt out.)

While I was bummed to not be riding, I had a wonderful run. The hills used to kill me and while they still hurt, they aren't quite as painful, which just excites me to no end. I feel like my fitness is coming back, slowly, after the staph infection.

I set out for a 2:10 run, but ended up running 2:42. While tired, I felt great when the run was over... something I needed today.

The guys clearly had a great ride, as I could hear them laughing as they made their way back.

Poor Jake filled in for me today as the friend of the rocks and took a little spill on the way back in. Jake looks like he was in a bar fight... I hope has some fun with that one.

7 comments:

Jake said...

Let's see: I have a 10am meeting with my entire Marketing Dept. tomorrow. What story should I use?

A. Epic bike ride, missed my line, and went over the bars and used my face to catch my fall...
B. Epic bar fight, you should see the other guy...
C. Don't ever make my imaginary girlfriend angry...
D. Any other story ideas?

It's 9PM: I've had a shower (not fun), dinner, a glass of wine, and two Advil. GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK.

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha... A Jake multiple choice question. Always entertaining.

You know, I don't like to lie (actually, I can't, as I am a horrible liar), so I am going to have to vote for A.

However, having been through a few mountain bike crashes myself, others feel sympathetic for those who have mountain bike injuries. Work it! Remember, the coalition! ; ) Hee hee hee.

Rick Gaston said...

oof that looks bad. Studly though Jake, not rug burn from falling on the rug on your way to the couch. I'd use (A) but spice it up with, "...had to swerve to avoid a baby rabbit crossing the trail..."

Michele R. Unger said...

I'm sorry about Jake's accidnet (but I vote for A with the baby rabbit spin...) but Jen, didn't you tell me, didn't you TELL YOUR MOTHER, that you were through with mountain biking?????????? Isn't a broken elbow enough for you? Are you trying to kill me with worry?
Well, Missy, what do you have to say for yourself??!?

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha... I seem to recall saying I thought I should refrain from mountain biking until after Ironman. ; )

No need to worry, all is well. I am actually just now on my way in to physical therapy for the elbow. I hope it works!

Love you and thanks for worrying. It's always nice to know your parents are watching out for you.

Rick Gaston said...

awww you're mom is so nice about it. My mom on the other hand...hahaha

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha... That is my mom yelling at me. : ) Nicely, of course.