Sunday, December 30, 2007

A New Year

Before I move on to 2008, thank you to my friends and family for making 2007 a memorable year. I feel so fortunate to have such a loving family, supportive and wonderful friends and quite simply amazing people in my life. You know who you are. I try to tell you often how much you all mean to me... please know how important you are and how thankful I am.

As for 2008, I have been spending a lot of time thinking about what I want to accomplish in the next year, both personally and professionally.

I am a goal oriented person and to better myself I always set a few goals, lofty and otherwise, for a New Year.

A few of my goals for 2008:

My "biggest" goal for 2008 is to complete my first Ironman distance triathlon -- Ironman Coeur D'Alene. Beyond simply completing the race, I would like to finish this race in under 14 hours. It is going to take a huge commitment of time and perseverance to reach, and will likely put a damper on my social life, which I do not look forward to. However, my time goal is something I will strive for.

I feel as though professionally I have been on a very good track for the past few years with the exception of the past few weeks. I hit the normal end of the year burnout, which has been remedied by an amazing week and a half of fun-filled adventures. I will continue to strive for partnership in my firm, and am hopeful that my clients continue to praise the work I do for them. I still feel as though I am in my dream job, which I know is extremely rare for many in the legal profession.

I strive to be a better daughter, sister, aunt, girlfriend, and friend to my family and friends. Those who know me and whom I love know I will do anything for them. That being said, I want to do more and let those know who thankful I am that they are in my life. Additionally, over the past year I have made a real effort to put my needs and wants in the forefront (something that has been neglected in the past) and I hope to continue in these efforts in 2008.

While I have many other goals for 2008, some are better left kept to myself.

I wish everyone health and every happiness in 2008. Happy New Year!

5 comments:

willgotthardt said...

Happy New Year Jennie...hope the next 6 months of tri-training goes well for you. An Ironman is a pretty special goal/accomplishment.

Best of luck.

Will G.

Grove Street Journal said...

Will, thank you! Wishing you a WONDERFUL 2008! I am sure I will see you out and about, as I intend on participating in many PCTR's in 2008. I hope your 2008 season is a great one, which I am sure it will be, as I have seen you in action!

Rick Gaston said...

Spoken like a bad girl...I saw your post on my blog missy, haha.

IM Coeur D'Alene is a great goal. You've been building your base, you have a great coach, a sweet new bike, great training partners, the self-discpline and drive, Just stay healthy and injury free and you've got it.

Will G. himself is moving into the ultra distances this year. We will be hitting some of the PCTR events.

And you will be a great Social Director for GGTC this year. Pssttt...for Wildflower training weekend please put me in the cabin with all the cute single girls:)

Unknown said...

ditto that last comment from Rick...
better girlfriend huh? :)

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha ha... I feel like a social matchmaker! :) Just kidding.

I will do everything I can to stay healthy!