Monday, August 6, 2007

... hope your road is a long one


Di suggested that we all get together after Vineman to plan out what races we wanted to do to prepare for CDA.

We had previously decided to do a handful of events - the Santa Cruz Sentinel, California 70.3 and the Solvang Century, but the rest of the training year remained up in the air.

We opted to plan over dinner and while doing so to share our Performance Labs HC physiological testing results. Paul and I discovered that we have similar "aerobic bases" and guestimated that Chris and Dian were similarly situated as well. (This would later prove to be true.)

Calendars were consulted and we decided, over a fabulous dinner, to add either Wildflower (Long Course) or Auburn to our planned events, but to forego Ironman 70.3 Hawaii, as it would be too close to CDA. Tinley's Adventures was thrown out on the table as an option, and the benefits of a winter marathon were discussed as well.

Ultimately, we added the Four Bridges Half Marathon to the list, as well as CIM for Chris and me. I am sure other events will find their way into our schedules (Tinley already did), and I look forward to them all.

As I pondered my Ironman journey with these amazing people sitting besides me, I realized how lucky I am to have such amazing family and friends.

No comments: