Friday, August 31, 2007

...to buy fine things


I had forgotten how much I love trail running.

I fell in love with it last year during frequent trips East, but haven't done much since my travel ceased.

I spent the afternoon in Fairfax with Christopher Kautz at PK Racing. After my bike fitting, at the suggestion of Christopher, I headed out for a run from Deer Park to Five Corners to Phoenix Lake and back. What a beautiful run. It was blazing hot (92 degrees!), but a ton of fun.

I love the serenity and peacefulness that a trail has to offer.

I realized during my run that I have not taken full advantage of all that Marin has to offer and I vowed to change that. I have to imagine there will be plenty of opportunity to do so, particularly over the next few months as I train for CIM.

The run was a good opportunity to decompress after spending a small fortune on a bicycle. I ordered the Guru this afternoon.

Now I join Paul in the waiting game...

7 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Here comes the bike!

Marin's hills are small, the mountain short at a mere 2500+ ft. but there are many many hills before the peak. Marin is beautiful and challenging. I'm excited for you. You should come on the run on Sunday.

Rick Gaston said...

P.S. Is that the bridge on Old Mill Park in Mill Valley?

Grove Street Journal said...

Rick, the bridge is at the Deer Park trailhead in Fairfax.

Small hills are a good place for me to start... even the little ones hurt right now.

Went with black and white for the bike. Big question now -- does one put their name on the frame?

MomPhD said...

Chris wants to know: will the new bike will have a basket on the front, or tassels coming out the handlebars?

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha! God forbid anything of that nature should come anywhere near the new bike...

Chris said...

I hear she did ask Chris to put in some baseball card flappers in the spokes so people could hear her riding...tassels were so last season though :)

Grove Street Journal said...

You better watch out... you might find tassels and a bell on the Soloist when you aren't looking. ; )