Thursday, August 23, 2007

Shall I Guru?


Paul and Chris are both contemplating new road bike purchases. This is a dangerous topic for me, as I have wanted a carbon framed aero road bike since the day my tri bike came into my life.

I love my P3 and was sure I had picked out the perfect Cervelo road bike until I got the no-go from Christopher Kautz at PK Racing. I was so sad, and it hardly seemed fair, as Cervelo road bikes are perfect fits for both Chris and Paul!

Christopher told me that while he could make a Cervelo fit, it wouldn't be the ideal ride for me. That was all I needed to hear. I am not going to spend a small fortune on a bike unless it's perfect. Christopher did inform me, however, that of the aero framed carbon road bikes, one is an exact fit for me -- the Guru Geneo. It's been on my mind since the day he mentioned it.

It's just a matter of time until I break...

2 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

I like the design of Guru bikes especially that one!

Grove Street Journal said...

Rick, you aren't helping. I am trying to avoid the purchase of a new bike! Ha! I think EVERYONE knows it is too late.