Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Escape Continued

As the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon came to an end last weekend, I set out on my last longish run prior to CDA. Hoping to see some friends coming in, I set out on along the run course, running against the run traffic.

While running along I ran past Sarah Reinertsen, a challenged athlete that many know from Ironman coverage and from seeing her at events. I am a fan, as she is not only inspirational, but also because I am envious of the fact that she has been on the Amazing Race, one of my favorite television shows. I shouted a bit of encouragement as I ran by.

I ran the Alcatraz course plus some at a very slow "tapering" pace and was laughing when I returned home. My two hour run seemed short. I am hoping that this means I am ready for Ironman.

2 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

You're ready. You've put in so much time training. Taper well! Thanks for all the support and well wishes on my run.

Unknown said...

Good Luck and have fun at CdA!

ant