Sunday, June 1, 2008

Thunderstorms in Central Park

I found myself in New York City this weekend, running in Central Park during a thundershower, which featured a downpour that instantly soaked me to the bone.

Ah, the joys of a 3 hour run in the rain.

I actually enjoyed it, as it reminded me of home. Relocated Seattle-ites occasionally enjoy a good run in the rain.

I was in NYC this weekend with my boyfriend for his brother's engagement party. It was a whirlwind weekend of family events, however we managed to sneak in our training runs. Fear is a great motivator.

It was so hot and muggy on Thursday, however, that I ended up doing a 1.5 hour run on the treadmill. While I hate running on the treadmill, I decided the treadmill was preferable to the sticky alternative. I laughed when I made this determination as I could hear all my triathlon coaches, past and present, in my head -- "it's better to train in the elements!" Oh well.

I cannot believe that in two and a half weeks I will be in Coeur D'Alene getting ready for the event -- oh my goodness!

2 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Oohh a rain run in New York. I love rain runs, especially in a hard rain.

Michele R. Unger said...

You should be here at home, running. I ran...to the car! It's absolutely POURING and has been since last night. It feels more like November than June. I hope it rains itself out by Father's Day weekend or our festival will go broke because no one wants to come to a festival in a douwnpour. Keep your fingers crossed that we make a lilttle money this year!

Glad you got your training in while in NYC. Thought about you all weekend and hoped you were having fun.

Love,
Mom