Thursday, June 19, 2008

Registration Day

Yesterday when I arrived I thought maybe we had come a day too early. We did not. I am so thankful that I have to days to completely chill before the race.

We spent the entire day running around – the practice swim, shopping for CDA and Ironman merchandise, picking up our bikes from TriBike Transport, Race Day Wheels… these things take up a lot of time!

I was anxious to get into the water today. We have been hearing about how COLD the water has been for months and months, so I wanted to make sure it was bearable. Many were sporting neoprene booties and caps and it had me worried! Was it that cold?

Dian cracked me up as we were getting in, as she had FOUR pairs of goggles. She's worse than me.

I got in and it was cold, but as we occasionally swim in the Bay, it wasn’t too bad. We swam one loop of the partial course before heading back to the house to get ready for some serious shopping.

I spent SO MUCH money on Ironman gear today. I thought I was the biggest geek ever until the salesperson helping the gentleman behind me announced his total. He spent more than me. I felt better.

When we registered we were thrilled to discover that we received a race poster – Chris and I had wanted one since seeing them in store windows about town. It will be just perfect in my new office!

We also had our body compositions tested, which was surprisingly fun. I have the metabolism of a 16 year old. Who knew?

Chris, Dian and I rode part of the run course today, and it looks like it will be a very scenic run.

I saw many of the GGTC contingency out doing the same thing, and also ran into GGTC member Gordon, who I met during Vineman 70.3 last year when we ran about 5 miles together.

After my ride, I met up with one of my best friends from high school, Lindsay, and her two sons, who are the cutest things ever. It was so fun to see her, as it’s a rarity.

I was also spoiled with the most beautiful gift basket and bouquet of flowers from my parents, sending good luck. Thank you so much Mom and Dad! The treats are amazing and the flowers beautiful.

After a quick little run, I joined Chris and his parents, who arrived this afternoon, for dinner. It was a busy but a good day. I find myself looking forward to sleeping, as I cannot WAIT to sleep in tomorrow!

3 comments:

yaiAnn said...

A 16-year old? Can I borrow your metabolism too?

MomPhD said...

Wow, my big sister is really there and ready to go!! I can't believe it!

If you have the metabolism of a 16 year old and I'm two years younger than you, does that mean I have the metabolism of a 14 year old? Excellent. Hand me another slice of pizza, please!!

Grove Street Journal said...

Chris' metabolism is that of a 12 year old. Hardly fair. : )